Monday, July 24, 2006
I'm sure that everybody in the world face this problem especially for whom use illegal Windows XP. My suggestion better you get a legal XP and you no need to face this problem after this or maybe other issues that with arises after this.
What i want to give here is not a support for "illegal software" but some knowledge how to manipulate your OS especially Wondows XP.
To add to the shareware ‘look and feel’, a balloon popup will appear randomly when you use the computer, reminding the user that they may be a victim of (pirated) Microsoft Windows product.
However the windows tattoo is not without a flaw, few websites including The Inquirer has published ways to circumvent the Windows Genuine Advantage check by tampering with windows registry.
Presented here is an alternative way to remove those annoying popup
- Go to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Windows Genuine Advantage\data
- go to Tools->Folder Option->View, select “Show Hidden Files and Folders”
- Uncheck “Hide Protected Operating System Files”, then click OK
- Delete everything in that folder
- Mark that folder as “Read-Only”, then you’re done!
The annoying windows popup won’t appear anymore! Simple solution without having to temper with Windows Registry.
Update - You can download WGAfakap
You can download an application that will automatically remove the annoying Windows Genuine Advantage Notification.
Source : mypapit gnu/linux blog